One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of brucellosis which causes spontaneous abortion in cattle.
- ‘The disease is also known as contagious abortion or Bang's disease in livestock.’
- ‘Furthermore, contagious abortion has been found in the elk so that some calves may be lost as a result of this disease.’
- ‘As part of a national health program dating back to 1934, some calves are vaccinated for brucellosis, sometimes called ‘contagious abortion’ or ‘Bang's disease.’’
- ‘Dr. Bang, a Danish veterinarian, isolated a cousin organism causing contagious abortion in cattle in 1897.’
- ‘Study discusses the causes and treatments of contagious abortion, when the young is cast out of the womb before it is fully developed and capable of separate existence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.