One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of brucellosis which causes spontaneous abortion in cattle.
- ‘Furthermore, contagious abortion has been found in the elk so that some calves may be lost as a result of this disease.’
- ‘Study discusses the causes and treatments of contagious abortion, when the young is cast out of the womb before it is fully developed and capable of separate existence.’
- ‘Dr. Bang, a Danish veterinarian, isolated a cousin organism causing contagious abortion in cattle in 1897.’
- ‘As part of a national health program dating back to 1934, some calves are vaccinated for brucellosis, sometimes called ‘contagious abortion’ or ‘Bang's disease.’’
- ‘The disease is also known as contagious abortion or Bang's disease in livestock.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.