One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Italian peasant girl or peasant woman.
bumpkin, country bumpkin, country cousin, rustic, countryman, countrywoman, country dweller, daughter of the soil, son of the soil, peasant, provincial, oaf, lout, boor, barbarianView synonyms
- ‘He cruelly goes through a mock marriage ceremony with the innocent little contadina Tessa.’
- ‘Fortunately, the contadine disobey his orders and they arrive in Barataria.’
- ‘I'm sure the next town hears Maria when she walks the path greeting the day and the contadinas that live here.’
- ‘So when Gianetta and Tessa arrive with all the contadine there is a distinct improvement in their morale.’
- ‘The gondoliers depart by boat leaving the contadine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.