Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who claims to have been contacted by alien beings, especially through an abduction.
- ‘A contactee in Argentina came forward last week with an incredible story.’
- ‘I think the most perturbing for me personally, are the ones who say to alien contactees that they are not facing up to their true experiences if that person speaks of a positive encounter.’
- ‘Basically, a large part of the UFO lore is subjective and many alleged UFO events are actually the products of a complex hallucinatory process, particularly in the contactee.’
- ‘Much of the UFO literature presently focuses on contactees and abductees.’
- ‘Coupled with this is the circumstantial evidence of the contactees.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.