Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who claims to have been contacted by alien beings, especially through an abduction.
- ‘Coupled with this is the circumstantial evidence of the contactees.’
- ‘I think the most perturbing for me personally, are the ones who say to alien contactees that they are not facing up to their true experiences if that person speaks of a positive encounter.’
- ‘Much of the UFO literature presently focuses on contactees and abductees.’
- ‘A contactee in Argentina came forward last week with an incredible story.’
- ‘Basically, a large part of the UFO lore is subjective and many alleged UFO events are actually the products of a complex hallucinatory process, particularly in the contactee.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.