One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The major industrial process used to make sulphuric acid, by oxidizing sulphur dioxide in the presence of a solid catalyst and absorbing the resulting sulphur trioxide in water.
- ‘The population model used was a discrete-time version of the basic contact process, modified slightly to respond to the habitat types of the landscape.’
- ‘This page describes the Contact Process for the manufacture of sulphuric acid, and then goes on to explain the reasons for the conditions used in the process.’
- ‘Contrarily to the conventional contact processes in which dry mixtures of sulphur dioxide and air are treated, wet gas is used in the wet gas process.’
- ‘A method for integrating salicide and borderless contact processes while avoiding current leakage at the shallow trench isolation edge is described.’
- ‘Because of the purity of the acid produced, the contact process replaced the lead-chamber process during the late 1800s.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.