One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Metamorphism due to contact with or proximity to an igneous intrusion.
- ‘The mineralogical and textural alteration in the country rocks resulting from this heating by igneous bodies is called contact metamorphism.’
- ‘But the effects of contact metamorphism on its engineering geological properties, have been studied only in this work.’
- ‘It also occurs as a secondary mineral associated with contact metamorphism of limestone.’
- ‘As there is no sign of contact metamorphism in the limestones, we interpret this to be a normal fault.’
- ‘At the granite contact, there is some evidence of contact metamorphism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.