One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Metamorphism due to contact with or proximity to an igneous intrusion.
- ‘It also occurs as a secondary mineral associated with contact metamorphism of limestone.’
- ‘At the granite contact, there is some evidence of contact metamorphism.’
- ‘As there is no sign of contact metamorphism in the limestones, we interpret this to be a normal fault.’
- ‘The mineralogical and textural alteration in the country rocks resulting from this heating by igneous bodies is called contact metamorphism.’
- ‘But the effects of contact metamorphism on its engineering geological properties, have been studied only in this work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.