Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Metamorphism due to contact with or proximity to an igneous intrusion.
- ‘But the effects of contact metamorphism on its engineering geological properties, have been studied only in this work.’
- ‘As there is no sign of contact metamorphism in the limestones, we interpret this to be a normal fault.’
- ‘The mineralogical and textural alteration in the country rocks resulting from this heating by igneous bodies is called contact metamorphism.’
- ‘It also occurs as a secondary mineral associated with contact metamorphism of limestone.’
- ‘At the granite contact, there is some evidence of contact metamorphism.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.