Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A man who provides a link for information or representation between two parties.‘the project manager may also have a contact man in each functional department’
- ‘According to our contact man, these fans barely managed to pay the clinic's first bill and have been frantically raising funds to meet further expenses quoted at $1,000 daily.’
- ‘The person who acted as contact man for all of this was the Admiral.’
- ‘He particularly would like from each club the names and phone numbers of contact men or women for the competitions.’
- ‘The person who acted as the contact man for his trip was the Admiral.’
- ‘In 1993, he took over as president of the central bank and acted as the country's contact man for international finance.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.