One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A man who provides a link for information or representation between two parties.‘the project manager may also have a contact man in each functional department’
- ‘According to our contact man, these fans barely managed to pay the clinic's first bill and have been frantically raising funds to meet further expenses quoted at $1,000 daily.’
- ‘The person who acted as the contact man for his trip was the Admiral.’
- ‘He particularly would like from each club the names and phone numbers of contact men or women for the competitions.’
- ‘In 1993, he took over as president of the central bank and acted as the country's contact man for international finance.’
- ‘The person who acted as contact man for all of this was the Admiral.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.