One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A man who provides a link for information or representation between two parties.‘the project manager may also have a contact man in each functional department’
- ‘According to our contact man, these fans barely managed to pay the clinic's first bill and have been frantically raising funds to meet further expenses quoted at $1,000 daily.’
- ‘He particularly would like from each club the names and phone numbers of contact men or women for the competitions.’
- ‘The person who acted as contact man for all of this was the Admiral.’
- ‘The person who acted as the contact man for his trip was the Admiral.’
- ‘In 1993, he took over as president of the central bank and acted as the country's contact man for international finance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.