Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for circuit breaker
- ‘Provision for adjustment is similar to that employed with plate mounted contact-breaker systems.’
- ‘Check the timing by turning the engine until the contact-breaker is in position given in 3. above.’
- ‘Has anybody got the makers part number for the contact breaker assembly for the P66D.’
- ‘f the gap is too big or too small, slacken the contact breaker securing screw slightly, a stubby screwdriver is good for this.’
- ‘Insert screwdriver between the two small pins on the contact breaker plate and in the slot at the end of the fixed point.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.