One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And more people and businesses are drawing that water out consumptively, especially during the hot months.’
- ‘It is the amount of water that is permanently extracted from the aquifer and consumptively used that is of significance.’
- ‘This water is not consumptively used because it simply passes through on its journey to the Gulf of California.’
- ‘A dairy cow can drink 20 gallons of water in a day, but only half is used consumptively in milk production.’
- ‘Every gallon of water consumptively used is not available somewhere else in the system where it would otherwise have existed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.