One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The situation in an economy where the desires and needs of consumers control the output of producers.
- ‘The theoretical advantages of consumer sovereignty are clear; but there appear to be transaction costs in switching from the devil one knows.’
- ‘There is no consumer choice and no consumer sovereignty.’
- ‘There is, however, an additional important element that is critical if monetary calculation is to operate in a way most consistent with consumer sovereignty - sound money.’
- ‘More serious, the application of consumer sovereignty to real world producers cannot rely on their objective actions, but must probe into their subjective intentions.’
- ‘Our mission is to establish a worldwide consumer cooperative and to reassert consumer sovereignty over capitalism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.