One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There was then a gap of 12 years - he was posted to New Delhi - before he returned to take up the consulship in 1999.’
- ‘For while Cicero claimed his consulship in 63 B.C., only 14 years later Julius Caesar would cross the Rubicon with his legions.’
- ‘The highest offices, the two annual consulships, were almost exclusively held by an even smaller group within the senatorial class, and its families possessed special prestige.’
- ‘The casual, almost formulaic, reference to the fact that this was Galba's second consulship certainly prompts a reader to wonder about his first.’
- ‘These families, known as the nobility, dominated access to the consulships; between them they held over 80% of the consulships in the last century of the Republic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.