One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A driving force in this resistance, as he presented it, was class conflict: the desire of people of comparatively low socio-economic status to undermine or even usurp the consuetudinary power not only of clergymen, but of lawyers and doctors as well.’
- ‘The consuetudinary law and traditional memory of the Lombards, which had been preserved for centuries through the means typical of oral cultures, needed a new and stronger foundation: they became texts written in Latin.’
- ‘It suggests the integration of two distinct normative scopes of the society, the legal right and consuetudinary law, with the objective to argue that the legal instruments of the Brazilian society can be used to protect the cultural and natural patrimony.’
- ‘But modernity is fuelled by secularization: in our times, political authority must be not merely the enforcer of natural or consuetudinary law, but rather the producer of law.’
- ‘In 1452, Bizkaians assembled beneath their sacred Oak of Gernika and approved the Fuero Viejo de Bizkaia, the Old Law of Bizkaia: a redaction of the consuetudinary laws and customs that had informed their legal practices for centuries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.