One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A building site.
- ‘A construction site has not been selected yet, but work is expected to begin in 2010.’
- ‘Just what kind of unknown objects may be lurking underground at a former construction site?’
- ‘The injunction permanently banning the group's presence outside the construction site was lifted for the duration of the day.’
- ‘It could be a construction site as a building takes shape, or a demolition site as one is torn down.’
- ‘More often a tranquil haven in a bustling city, the Queen's garden at Buckingham Palace now resembles a construction site.’
- ‘So there was a rumor of these large metal tubes lying in a construction site somewhere in the Bay Area.’
- ‘He was tired on this particular weeknight, and went to bed early after having gotten home from a long hard day on the construction site.’
- ‘It is not yet known if the man was working on the road itself or on a construction site nearby.’
- ‘Similar measures were taken at the student dormitories of two universities and a construction site.’
- ‘It is for the construction site of the new convention center.’
- ‘Next door was a construction site and a big, noisy building was being erected.’
- ‘Only then did I realise I'd married in front of an enormous mural depicting a construction site.’
- ‘He lost his sight at the age of 24 in a works accident when he was hit between the eyes with an iron bar on a construction site.’
- ‘It takes her a little while to recognize him as the one who ran the small dozer at the construction site across the road.’
- ‘Police and the Health and Safety Executive launched an investigation into the incident on a construction site in Sheffield.’
- ‘Relatives living in the shadows of the tattered construction site begged to differ however.’
- ‘That multitask capability adds to their versatility and value on a construction site.’
- ‘The airport looked like a construction site from our position about half a mile away.’
- ‘Trucks carrying building materials drove straight into the construction site for their loads to be winched up and used straight away.’
- ‘I could now see the unfinished buildings of the approaching construction site.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.