One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A language, such as Esperanto, that has been artificially created rather than having evolved naturally through use.‘a scholar who has studied Tolkien's constructed languages’
- ‘This was not a constructed language, but a secret vocabulary which uses the grammar and syntax of English as well as most of its core vocabulary.’
- ‘I'm not sure where a constructed language intended for use, like Esperanto, would lie.’
- ‘Lojban, a major constructed language based on predicate logic, had its origin in the project Loglan by James Cooke Brown.’
- ‘Use of a constructed language which is not anyone's native tongue places people more equally.’
- ‘It is claimed constructed language might be easier to learn for the majority of adults.’
- ‘The supposed inferiority of a constructed language to a national one on this score is, of course, no criticism of the idea of a constructed language.’
- ‘A tiny group of speakers of this constructed language created a large number of articles.’
- ‘They call their passion conlang, short for "constructed language."’
- ‘This constructed language combines elements of both Russian and English, which makes it as good a starting point to understand DeVotchKa as any.’
- ‘A national language which spreads beyond its own confines very quickly loses much of its original richness of content and is in no better case than a constructed language.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.