One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One means - not persuasive to a strict constitutionalist - of checking government is the existence of a competitive party system in which the main opposition party has a realistic prospect of displacing the government.’
- ‘This tradition feeds the attitude that unites the serious, almost obsessed crowd here: the belief that they are the true patriots, staunch constitutionalists fiercely dedicated to the ideals that make America great.’
- ‘Despite his origins as a Whig and a constitutionalist, he is widely revered as the father of militant Irish republicanism.’
- ‘He is regarded as a solid thinker, someone of a likable disposition, and a good constitutionalist.’
- ‘And although American and British ideas of constitutional government dominated the first stage of the French Revolution, the constitutionalists were soon swept aside by the dictatorship of the Jacobin club.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.