One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This took place at the local diocesan or consistorial courts in each Diocese.’
- ‘Each diocese of the established church had a consistorial or diocesan court, and in Dublin, superior to these, was the Prerogative Court of Armagh.’
- ‘When the decision to assign a consistorial benefit is made, a cardinal (the supervisor or the proponent) is entrusted with the duty to examine the case.’
- ‘The final appointment to a royal pastorat will be made by the Government, and to a consistorial pastorat by the consistory.’
- ‘We ourselves received the advice of our esteemed brothers, the Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church who are in charge of consistorial affairs, and we considered the judgment of those who have some right or who regard themselves as having some privilege in this matter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.