One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A shop that sells second-hand items on behalf of the original owner, who receives a percentage of the selling price.
- ‘I love to shop at the old vintage shops and even consignment stores.’
- ‘Many of the supplies that you'll need can be found at your local craft store, or even at certain thrift or consignment stores in your area.’
- ‘According to the National Association of Resale & Thrift Shops, there is a combined total of more than 15,000 resale, thrift, and consignment stores in the country.’
- ‘As well, we perused the used consignment stores for cool things for Franklin.’
- ‘You'll find more than a dozen antiques shops and consignment stores, and a rich vein of heirloom furniture and collectibles to be mined.’
- ‘The fact that you've turned your used clothes over to a consignment store doesn't mean you should get used.’
- ‘If you live in this city, have a 2 year old and you are looking for stripes in children's consignment stores, I apologize.’
- ‘She shops at consignment stores in Regina for things like toys, car seats and safety gates.’
- ‘The parents shop at consignment stores, home-school their kids, keep the teen pop culture at bay and teach traditional family values.’
- ‘The other day us three girls went to a cool consignment store that is located dangerously close to where I live.’
- ‘Fearing bankruptcy, his wife also sold off many of their belongings at this consignment store.’
- ‘Then it's time to hit the thrift shops and consignment stores.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.