One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of Judaism, particularly prevalent in North America, which seeks to preserve Jewish tradition and ritual but has a more flexible approach to the interpretation of the law than Orthodox Judaism.
- ‘Reflecting ‘the latest findings in archaeology,’ a new commentary on the Torah (the first five books of the Old Testament) was released last fall by the US-based United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism.’
- ‘Didn't Conservative Judaism also talk about the development of the law and how it both changed and had to change in order to remain a vital cultural force?’
- ‘Another segment of American Judaism is Reconstructionist Judaism, which is sometimes lumped together with Reform and Conservative Judaism as Progressive Judaism.’
- ‘My views are most consistent not with radical reform or atheism, but Conservative Judaism.’
- ‘On one side stands Orthodoxy, in its various manifestations, and Conservative Judaism, which, at least in theory, subscribes to the (more or less) complete observance of the mitzvot.’
- ‘The woman, lay president of the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, broached the subject to the Committee on Jewish Law and Standards of the Rabbinical Assembly, which will consider it in March.’
- ‘Just as Conservative Judaism was surprised by the refusal of the Modern Orthodox to roll over and die, so has Modern Orthodoxy been shocked by the resurgence of an Orthodoxy which disdains higher education and western culture.’
- ‘When he brought out a second edition of Conservative Judaism in 1972, he declared that the laws of religious sociology had seemingly been repealed.’
- ‘If the German Zacharias Frankel was the ideological father of Conservative Judaism, Solomon Schechter, at the Jewish Theological Seminary of America, forged the movement.’
- ‘Between these emerged Conservative Judaism, whose ‘positive historicism’ aimed to harmonize Jewish tradition with modern knowledge.’
- ‘The crux of the Yarmeisches' argument was that by defining what's kosher according to ‘orthodox Hebrew religious requirements,’ the state was favoring Orthodox over Conservative Judaism.’
- ‘Having been raised in a Conservative Judaism where God and soul were never mentioned, I approached the spiritual world like an awestruck tourist whose guide had led her to a fantastical domain never mentioned in the standard guidebooks.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.