One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectivePhilosophy
- ‘It can also be seen simply as the application of consequentialist ethics.’
- ‘As a consequentialist, how does he feel about the argument that the best way to bring about a better society from a utilitarian point of view is not to advance complex utilitarian arguments but to appeal to more simple concepts?’
- ‘When writers describe themselves as consequentialists rather than as utilitarians, they are normally signalling that their fundamental evaluations will be in terms of not only welfare but also some other goods.’
- ‘Classic utilitarianism is consequentialist as opposed to deontological because of what it denies.’
- ‘As with many hybrid views, the deontological and consequentialist components tend to pull apart, with each threatening to subordinate the other.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.