One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sequence of DNA having similar structure and function in different organisms.
- ‘Asterisks indicate nucleotide sites in accordance with the consensus sequence of group I introns shown at the bottom.’
- ‘In the aligned sequences below, nucleotides identical to the consensus sequence are indicated by periods.’
- ‘The consensus sequence was found on four chromosomes.’
- ‘For each gene, a consensus sequence was generated and compared to each individual sequence, excluding indels and/or missing data.’
- ‘DNA variations are shown after strain names, and dots indicate nucleotides identical to the consensus sequence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.