One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For three years, from 1989 to 1992, I was employed by the Methodist Church as the connexional field worker for what was at that time known as the Mission Alongside the Poor Programme.’
- ‘Talks now are proceeding on full communion with the United Methodist Church, which is connectional.’
- ‘New legislation became a necessity by mid 1948 because of plans to negotiate a North Atlantic defense treaty and furnish arms aid to strengthen the connectional defenses and the will to resist Communist expansion of the signatories.’
- ‘Second, they used it to describe another denomination with a connectional or episcopal system of church polity, such as ‘The Methodist Church’ or ‘The Presbyterian Church.’’
- ‘What turned the spiritual stirrings of the late 1730s among a small coterie into a widespread movement was Wesley's fusion of outdoor preaching, itinerant evangelism, and connectional organization.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.