One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For three years, from 1989 to 1992, I was employed by the Methodist Church as the connexional field worker for what was at that time known as the Mission Alongside the Poor Programme.’
- ‘New legislation became a necessity by mid 1948 because of plans to negotiate a North Atlantic defense treaty and furnish arms aid to strengthen the connectional defenses and the will to resist Communist expansion of the signatories.’
- ‘What turned the spiritual stirrings of the late 1730s among a small coterie into a widespread movement was Wesley's fusion of outdoor preaching, itinerant evangelism, and connectional organization.’
- ‘Second, they used it to describe another denomination with a connectional or episcopal system of church polity, such as ‘The Methodist Church’ or ‘The Presbyterian Church.’’
- ‘Talks now are proceeding on full communion with the United Methodist Church, which is connectional.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.