Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Inflammation of the conjunctiva of the eye.
- ‘Newborns with chlamydial conjunctivitis or pneumonia require up to 2 weeks of antibiotic treatment.’
- ‘When caused by viruses or bacteria, conjunctivitis is highly contagious.’
- ‘Mast cell stabilizers may also reduce inflammation associated with hay fever and allergic conjunctivitis.’
- ‘This is a viral infection that typically causes conjunctivitis, bronchitis, rash and fever.’
- ‘A less common but more serious viral conjunctivitis is herpes simplex infection.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.