One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Agreement or harmony; compatibility.‘the results show quite good congruence with recent studies’
compatibility, consistency, conformity, match, balance, consonance, rapport, parallelism, congruityView synonyms
- ‘From coincidence, to congruence, to harmony, to synergy, the two films have to stand the new ground that they cut.’
- ‘That is, in order to be homologous, structures must satisfy the tests of similarity, congruence and conjunction.’
- ‘High interpersonal congruence should foster harmonious and productive interactions for at least two reasons.’
- ‘More momentously, geometric proofs are guided by our deep ability to see points, lines, shapes and their symmetries, similarities and congruences.’
- ‘Until now America has never had an almost complete congruence between ideological and party identities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.