Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Bewildering or perplexing.‘he found being in Egypt very confusing’
bewildering, baffling, unclear, perplexing, puzzling, mystifying, mysterious, disconcertingView synonyms
- ‘Up on the sidewalks, New York was a confusing bedlam of sights and sounds.’
- ‘For my father and his generation back in the confusing era of the Depression, the battle lines were even more simply drawn.’
- ‘And maybe familiar cues are simply the means by which people navigate through a confusing world.’
- ‘These confusing feelings of being apart from the real world and close to it at the same time are part of what community college is about.’
- ‘It is a confusing situation, but it seems that for now, at least, the situation on the ground remains unchanged.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.