One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘High correlations were found between the confusability of object categories and the confusability of brain activity maps.’
- ‘Most previous studies of the confusability of speech sounds have presented nonsense syllables in isolation, and have been limited to the confusability of consonants with other consonants or vowels with other vowels.’
- ‘Both experiments revealed qualitatively different errors produced by speeded responding versus confusability amongst the alternatives; revision completely corrected the former, but had no effect on the latter.’
- ‘Indeed, as word length increases, so does the sum of the confusability of constituent letters.’
- ‘However, each language has its own possibilities for orthographic confusability and variability, especially those languages lacking a standard orthography.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.