One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of a compound having a particular molecular conformation.‘changing the temperature alters the relative proportions of the conformers’
- ‘However, if conformers that make good hydrogen bonds to ionized sites are unavailable, the calculated ionization free energy will be wrong.’
- ‘Here we present a new method to carry out the sampling, and to identify low energy conformers of the molecule.’
- ‘Occasionally during the simulated time some of the hydrogen bonds characteristic of the starting conformer were broken and hydrogen bonds typical of other conformers were formed for short time intervals.’
- ‘The criteria for defining a conformer were based solely upon the type of intramolecular hydrogen bonds that characterized the analyzed conformations irrespective of other geometrical parameters.’
- ‘Water gets conformers to make and accept available hydrogen bonds plus a conformer with no interaction with the protein, representing water in bulk solvent.’
1960s: blend of conformational (see conformation) and isomer.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.