One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of prayer confessing sins, used in the Roman Catholic Mass and some other sacraments.
- ‘The Confiteor or ‘I confess’ shown above is a prayer from the Catholic Latin Mass.’
- ‘Then the servers bow down and recite the Confiteor in the name of the people.’
- ‘Most are borrowed from pre-existing works of his own; indeed the only ‘original’ section was the ‘Confiteor’ from the Credo.’
- ‘Many have the sense that if there is still such a thing as sin, it is not too serious, and feeling sad about one's sins, particularly during the Confiteor at Mass, is sufficient for forgiveness.’
- ‘He told us to recite the Confiteor and then he gave us Holy Communion.’
Latin, ‘I confess’, from the formula Confiteor Deo Omnipotenti ‘I confess to Almighty God’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.