Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The probability that the value of a parameter falls within a specified range of values.
- ‘To calculate the confidence level associated with any such interval, we use binomial probabilities in the same manner as described earlier.’
- ‘If the probability is higher than a given confidence level, positive selection is inferred.’
- ‘As described earlier, we use binomial probabilities to calculate the confidence level of this interval.’
- ‘Even though this is the widest possible confidence interval, it achieves a confidence level of only 65%.’
- ‘The size of this range will depend upon the data set, as well as the chosen confidence level of the statistical test.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.