One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A range of values so defined that there is a specified probability that the value of a parameter lies within it.
- ‘This significance was lost for a third exacerbation, possibly because of the small numbers; the resulting confidence interval is very wide.’
- ‘Furthermore, the confidence interval of the parameters and the correlation among them were both very low, indicating stability of the estimations.’
- ‘The confidence interval of fit parameters was either determined from the covariance matrix or by F-test analysis.’
- ‘The confidence interval was defined as a drop of 1 in the LOD score.’
- ‘It is clear from the size of the confidence interval that these data do not imply strong differences between the three groups.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.