One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A North American plant of the daisy family, which has flowers with cone-like centres.
- ‘Common examples of perennial flowers are purple coneflower, lance-leaf coreopsis, dame's rocket and daisy.’
- ‘Plant coneflower in a sunny location that has well-drained, fertile soil.’
- ‘Known as gloriosa daisy, coneflower and black-eyed Susan, this favorite North American native species blooms nonstop - even in partial shade - from midsummer until frost.’
- ‘The beds burst at the seams with summer phlox, Shasta daisies, coneflowers, and 75 varieties of daylilies.’
- ‘All nine species of coneflowers are native to North America, but only the four listed here are available commercially.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.