One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The degree to which an object conducts electricity, calculated as the ratio of the current which flows to the potential difference present. This is the reciprocal of the resistance, and is measured in siemens or mhos.
- ‘Radial specific conductance was calculated for each delivery pressure as described above.’
- ‘Hydraulic conductance was calculated as the flow rate divided by the pressure driving force.’
- ‘The thermal indices were compared with measured stomatal conductance.’
- ‘Subsequent measurements of leaf conductance on control plants were similar.’
- ‘At negative voltages the open channel conductance is higher than at the positive side.’
- ‘These calculations were based on measurements of midday leaf conductance.’
- ‘Theoretically, conductivity should not be dependent on the path length of diffusion over which conductance is measured.’
- ‘In this case the measured conductance would be lower with whole-cell recording.’
- ‘In these studies, stomatal conductance is often measured as the indicator of a leaf response to changing water availability.’
- ‘It measures root conductance while water flows opposite to the normal direction.’
- ‘Hydraulic conductance measurements on single stems at different levels of applied pressure were the repeated factor.’
- ‘Skin conductance is measured by applying a constant voltage to the two electrodes.’
- ‘Then, the measured stomatal conductance was compared with the index.’
- ‘By combining gas exchange and fluorescence it is now possible to measure mesophyll conductance directly.’
- ‘Boundary layer conductance may also be lower with a more open crown, thus further increasing transpiration.’
- ‘Further, at a given vapour pressure difference, O can serve as a measure of stomatal conductance as well.’
- ‘The authors use those data to produce a new allometric equation relating conductance to body mass.’
- ‘The faster subsequent increase in conductance may reflect the faster rate of channel growth.’
- ‘Water use efficiency also decreased while the rate of transpiration and stomatal conductance remained unchanged.’
- ‘At both sites, maximum leaf conductance was related to predawn shoot water potential.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.