One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form used in schools and the armed forces to record someone's offences and punishments.
- ‘The records often contain other material such as enlistment forms, conduct sheets and records of leave.’
- ‘According to his company conduct sheet, he was disciplined for drunkenness on three separate occasions.’
- ‘All homework assignments will be written on the assignment sheet on the back of your child's conduct sheet.’
- ‘His regimental and company conduct sheets show his behaviour to have been habitually bad.’
- ‘Parents will initial the conduct sheet each day, and the student will return the next day.’
- ‘He was probably told this (with the usual threats of more dire punishment is he did it again, especially when he gets overseas) and it just got entered on the conduct sheet that way.’
- ‘Please help your child remember to return the folder each Monday with the conduct sheet signed and any corrected papers in it.’
- ‘An operant response to the cue - for example, the cue, a bell, rings and the students hold up their conduct sheets.’
- ‘In summary that evidence included the appellant's regimental conduct sheet for the period up until March 1982, which demonstrated how he had made up stories about being attacked or having things stolen from him.’
- ‘The only crime on his conduct sheet was taking a pear from an orchard in France, for which he was confined to barracks for four days in August 1914.’
- ‘Most of my students are on daily if not hourly conduct sheets.’
- ‘Please make sure to sign your child's conduct sheet and have your child return the folder containing the sheet on Tuesday.’
- ‘Tonight, I have to write student names on desk name tags, their conduct sheets, and cards for their classroom jobs.’
- ‘The following specimen entries for a conduct sheet describe a variety of situations requiring an entry.’
- ‘When next the ship was in port Shrapnell, with an ‘excellent’ on his conduct sheet, was given shore leave.’
- ‘Then we were initiated into the mysteries of prefects, class lists and conduct sheets, the last of which soon became too familiar for our liking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.