One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An attitude of patronizing superiority; disdain.‘a tone of condescension’‘I'm treated with condescension’
- ‘The bombast, condescension, arrogance and swagger all seems slightly silly in retrospect.’
- ‘He knows Tom is not one of their breed and treats him with the condescension and snobbery that his privileged class affords him.’
- ‘Watching it, I found myself quietly appalled by the smugness, condescension and bogus rhetoric on display.’
- ‘There's a lot you could say about this remark - its arrogance, its condescension.’
- ‘It's like being called a eunuch or an old maid; one always hears that faint sneer of disdain and condescension mixed with pity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.