One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Milk that has been thickened by evaporation and sweetened, sold in tins.
- ‘Add milk, condensed milk and cream and bring to a scald.’
- ‘Another significant ingredient export is skim milk powder, used for evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and animal feed, in addition to other foods.’
- ‘The co-op's primary products are cheese, liquid and condensed milk products, and packaged milk products.’
- ‘Evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk both come in cans.’
- ‘Borden's condensed milk was sweetened, but unsweetened evaporated milk followed.’
- ‘I would have used sweetened condensed milk rather than regular milk if I had not had the syrup, which can also be yummy.’
- ‘Sweeten with condensed milk, nutmeg and cinnamon, this hot cereal is a perfect way to start your day.’
- ‘The condensed milk and corn syrup libation was the only kiddy cocktail of the four that was not actively nauseating.’
- ‘Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, condensed milk, lime juice, sugar and vanilla in large bowl.’
- ‘These are often sweetened with condensed milk.’
- ‘Evaporation systems are used extensively in the processing of foods and beverages, particularly dairy products like milk, skim milk, sweetened condensed milk and various whey derivatives.’
- ‘In terms of operations, the Carlisle facility receives and processes co-op milk into a variety of milk powders, condensed milk products and butter.’
- ‘Pour one can of sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) into a glass pie plate or shallow baking dish.’
- ‘We always brought treats with us - marshmallows and sweetened condensed milk proved to be favorites.’
- ‘Second of all, the filling was much too complex on my budget, so I just substituted in apricot jam and for some of them, condensed milk.’
- ‘Milk, cream, evaporated, or condensed milk all contribute to the amount of milk fat and non-fat milk solids.’
- ‘A fruit salad with condensed milk and coconut milk is very popular on special occasions.’
- ‘Don't only graduate from milk and water to milk but get some condensed milk sometimes.’
- ‘Only major difference I made was that I used sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk - and adjusted the amounts of milk and sugar a bit, so that I would obtain the same level of sweetness.’
- ‘It was espresso on top of sweetened condensed milk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.