Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Milk that has been thickened by evaporation and sweetened, sold in tins.
- ‘Another significant ingredient export is skim milk powder, used for evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and animal feed, in addition to other foods.’
- ‘It was espresso on top of sweetened condensed milk.’
- ‘In terms of operations, the Carlisle facility receives and processes co-op milk into a variety of milk powders, condensed milk products and butter.’
- ‘Pour one can of sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) into a glass pie plate or shallow baking dish.’
- ‘Milk, cream, evaporated, or condensed milk all contribute to the amount of milk fat and non-fat milk solids.’
- ‘Evaporation systems are used extensively in the processing of foods and beverages, particularly dairy products like milk, skim milk, sweetened condensed milk and various whey derivatives.’
- ‘Add milk, condensed milk and cream and bring to a scald.’
- ‘I would have used sweetened condensed milk rather than regular milk if I had not had the syrup, which can also be yummy.’
- ‘Only major difference I made was that I used sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk - and adjusted the amounts of milk and sugar a bit, so that I would obtain the same level of sweetness.’
- ‘Sweeten with condensed milk, nutmeg and cinnamon, this hot cereal is a perfect way to start your day.’
- ‘Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, condensed milk, lime juice, sugar and vanilla in large bowl.’
- ‘Borden's condensed milk was sweetened, but unsweetened evaporated milk followed.’
- ‘We always brought treats with us - marshmallows and sweetened condensed milk proved to be favorites.’
- ‘Evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk both come in cans.’
- ‘A fruit salad with condensed milk and coconut milk is very popular on special occasions.’
- ‘Don't only graduate from milk and water to milk but get some condensed milk sometimes.’
- ‘These are often sweetened with condensed milk.’
- ‘The condensed milk and corn syrup libation was the only kiddy cocktail of the four that was not actively nauseating.’
- ‘Second of all, the filling was much too complex on my budget, so I just substituted in apricot jam and for some of them, condensed milk.’
- ‘The co-op's primary products are cheese, liquid and condensed milk products, and packaged milk products.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.