Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for vapour trail
- ‘Another answer is that the so-called chemtrails are actually just normal condensation trails.’
- ‘But, what about cloning out an airplane condensation trail in a landscape photograph?’
- ‘Just as an airplane leaves behind a condensation trail, the iron particles leave the newly formed nanotubes lying along their ‘tracks.’’
- ‘The circular objects were faintly self-luminous and left no condensation trail in the upper atmosphere.’
- ‘With the massive rise in global air traffic, high-altitude aircraft condensation trails - known as contrails - are an increasingly familiar sight.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.