One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Expressing strong disapproval; censorious.‘condemnatory statements’
censorious, critical, damning, damnatory, condemning, censuring, castigatory, fault-finding, denunciatory, vituperative, witheringView synonyms
- ‘Nothing works them into a condemnatory lather more quickly.’
- ‘Their courage helped millions of people to be less condemnatory and more considerate.’
- ‘These references, however critical, are never wholly condemnatory.’
- ‘That's very sharp, and might even be seen by some as being condemnatory.’
- ‘‘Their faces were white and they were very condemnatory of our lack of objectivity and fairness,’ Mr. Carter said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.