One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Filled with sexual desire; lustful.‘concupiscent dreams’
lecherous, lascivious, lewd, libidinous, licentious, lubricious, salacious, goatishView synonyms
- ‘You can become concupiscent, like someone in a singles bar who knows that however unlikely success may seem, at least the desired object is not married and off the market.’
- ‘So it was a terrible step when he took the church in the wrong direction, when he adopted the idea that we are all originally tainted by concupiscent sexuality.’
- ‘Or perhaps she imagined the luscious, brown-skinned fruit as a fitting image for a concupiscent black protagonist's narrative.’
- ‘We are equally appalled by this man's behavior, but let me emphasize that he is no grasping, concupiscent villain.’
- ‘Lapin continues, ‘The movie depicts the conspicuously Jewish parents as sexually obsessed, constantly concupiscent degenerates.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.