One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A noun denoting a material object rather than an abstract quality, state, or action, e.g. dog, building, tree.‘the list consisted of 20 high-frequency concrete nouns’
- ‘Lorissa's Italian is mostly concrete nouns and infinitives.’
- ‘The majority of words were concrete nouns.’
- ‘Concrete nouns almost force the writer to use vivid verbs.’
- ‘Spell almost any concrete noun into that original game and a virtual object matching it would appear.’
- ‘When you say or hear a concrete noun, such as “apple”, what happens in your mind?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.