Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for musique concrète
- ‘So the first would be that concrete music is a music that is done differently.’
- ‘The development of concrete music promoted the emergence of musik elektronische (electronic music) in 1950 at the Nordwest Deutscher Rundfunk in Cologne, Germany, initiated by Herbert Eimert.’
- ‘The inventor of concrete music is P. Sheffer, French acoustic engineer.’
- ‘In fact, a concrete music made in real time does exist, and it is here.’
- ‘Having used the word concrete in these contexts, I have related it more to concrete music than to art concretism in its narrow meaning.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.