One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a buyer) sign a contract with the vendor of a property or piece of land to signify change of ownership.
- ‘When you have concluded missives, you are on your way to getting the keys for your new home.’
- ‘Once an acceptable offer is received for your property, our policy is to conclude missives and make the contract binding without delay.’
- ‘Professionals, however would be required to conclude missives and do all conveyancing.’
- ‘In the event that the landlords would not have agreed to such a request, the pursuers would not have concluded missives and entered into the lease.’
- ‘However, even if the seller does otherwise like the offer, he will not conclude missives with such a condition as part of the contract.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.