One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who acts as a mediator between two disputing people or groups.‘he was seen as a conciliator, who would heal divisions in the party’
peacemaker, mediator, negotiator, go-between, middleman, intermediary, moderator, broker, honest broker, intervenor, interceder, intercessor, reconciler, pacifier, appeaserView synonyms
- ‘I think Powell is a better mediator, conciliator.’
- ‘First, the PCC prefers to act as a conciliator rather than a judge.’
- ‘It was a request for the adjudicator to take on another role, as conciliator or mediator to help the parties reach a settlement.’
- ‘They stressed that women are natural mediators and conciliators and, indeed, they must play that role because armed conflicts now impact women the most.’
- ‘In Victoria, the battle pitted Turner, the working-class warrior, versus Beresford, the middle-class conciliator.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.