Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A classical pianist who regularly performs as a soloist in concerts.
- ‘Rieger prefers being an accompanist to being a concert pianist.’
- ‘Sami is an accomplished concert pianist, music composer and singer comfortable with both Indian and Western classical music.notes.’
- ‘He performed as a concert pianist and professional accompanist throughout the Midwest.’
- ‘Brye is an accomplished pianist, marimbist and composer and has performed as a concert pianist and professional accompanist throughout the Midwest.’
- ‘Originally from New Zealand, Jan began her musical life playing as a concert pianist and writing classical music scores for theatre, dance and films.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.