One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who disingenuously expresses concern about an issue with the intention of undermining or derailing genuine discussion.‘he is regarded among climate scientists as a concern troll’
- ‘But this is par for the course with him, the law's most enduring concern troll.’
- ‘What is it about baseball that brings out the concern trolls?’
- ‘It looks like a contingent of concern trolls has hit the comments section of that article.’
- ‘She will pose as the concern troll for the beleaguered middle class while continuing to fill the investors' punch bowl with pricey booze.’
- ‘As for the concern trolls thinking that some billionaire will now control all the documents, clearly you haven't followed his career.’
- ‘Reporters, pundits, and concern trolls in the media fret that the politician has had to move too far right.’
- ‘He made a lamentable decision to make a professional concern troll his chief writer on climate.’
- ‘Your last question suggests, as has been indicated earlier, that you are a concern troll.’
- ‘The primary concern troll was a guy who'd been around since the very beginning of the site.’
- ‘Hundreds of concern trolls out there are just waiting for episodes of the show to air so that they can eagerly point out everything that's wrong.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.