One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Introduce us first,’ she smiles conceitedly.’
- ‘‘Hi Kait,’ Mark said when he reached her, grinning conceitedly.’
- ‘Erik answered rather conceitedly but in a joking matter.’
- ‘‘Well,’ he said conceitedly, ‘I am a pretty good actor as well.’’
- ‘As a potential politician, Hanson was brilliant at capturing attention, the perfect foil for sneering " sophisticates " who so amusedly knew what xenophobia meant, but so conceitedly didn't recognise their own bigotry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.