One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Erik answered rather conceitedly but in a joking matter.’
- ‘As a potential politician, Hanson was brilliant at capturing attention, the perfect foil for sneering " sophisticates " who so amusedly knew what xenophobia meant, but so conceitedly didn't recognise their own bigotry.’
- ‘‘Well,’ he said conceitedly, ‘I am a pretty good actor as well.’’
- ‘‘Introduce us first,’ she smiles conceitedly.’
- ‘‘Hi Kait,’ Mark said when he reached her, grinning conceitedly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.