One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But the concessions cannot be withdrawn until the conceders leave the political scene.’
- ‘They are the biggest corner conceders in the league away from home, allowing an average of 8.24 per game.’
- ‘If the politicians turned out to be big territory conceders - maybe there's hope for the opposition.’
- ‘Kildare had quite a few reasons for feeling happy with the result, not least the turn about which saw the ‘goal conceders’ become ‘goal getters’.’
- ‘The proposal of concession may be done by an interested investor, the conceder being obliged to draw up the feasibility study within a term of 30 days.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.