Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A flesh-toned cosmetic stick used to cover spots, blemishes, and dark under-eye circles.
cosmetics, greasepaintView synonyms
- ‘For dark undereye circles, peach-based concealers neutralize bluish tones while yellow-based ones erase darker circles.’
- ‘I have tried a ton of cosmetic concealers, but I just can't get it to look right.’
- ‘She then took out her concealer and eye make-up to hide the puffiness.’
- ‘There are plenty of new, better-than-ever concealers to hide everything from embarrassing blemishes to undereye circles.’
- ‘If your concealer is in a lipsticklike form, Burgess recommends cleaning it by occasionally shaving the top layer.’
- ‘Powder your concealer after applying it for extra staying power.’
- ‘If I had his job, I would need all the under-eye concealer and foundation I could get.’
- ‘Don't forget to use a concealer or stick foundation that closely matches your skin tone, and set it with pressed powder to keep dark circles and puffiness out of sight.’
- ‘Dot concealer on any blemishes, then blend on foundation, followed by a swipe of mascara.’
- ‘My sisters use their concealer and their pressed powder.’
- ‘Finely paint the concealer on moisturized skin directly where the darkest part of the circle is and in between your eyes.’
- ‘Use a concealer to minimize any dark circles under the eyes or blemishes.’
- ‘Her usually makeup-free face was covered with concealer, and eyeliner and eye shadow was smudged around her eyes.’
- ‘Make-up wasn't my thing, but mascara, concealer, and lip gloss were my life savers.’
- ‘Those days, I didn't know that concealers and bronzers exist.’
- ‘To make lips appear fuller, add a concealer above the lip line.’
- ‘I fixed my hair and clothes and touched up my concealer and makeup.’
- ‘Here's the dilemma: You want a concealer to cover up and cure, but also to not look like nasty zit cream.’
- ‘For those with darker skin, choose yellow-based concealers, which counteract the blue in dark circles.’
- ‘Then, with a clean fingertip, top with your favorite concealer to spot out any redness or discoloration.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.