Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The practice of carrying a concealed firearm on one's person in public.‘concealed carry is legal in the vast majority of states’Compare with open carry[as modifier] ‘a concealed carry permit’
- ‘A properly designed concealed-carry holster should make your handgun invisible.’
- ‘This is one area where women actually have more concealed-carry choices than men.’
- ‘Some new to concealed carry are afraid of being disarmed when in a struggle.’
- ‘How does the Guardian stack up as a defensive firearm for concealed carry?’
- ‘Before the new law, police officials decided who would receive a concealed-carry permit.’
- ‘Everything about it is designed with concealed carry in mind.’
- ‘This isn't intended to be a concealed carry rig.’
- ‘Minnesota requires those seeking a concealed-carry permit to take a six-hour certification class.’
- ‘If you carry a handgun you do so to protect and serve the public or you possess a concealed carry permit to protect yourself and your loved ones.’
- ‘As an increasing number of states have authorized concealed-carry for lawful citizens, compact semiauto pistols have skyrocketed in popularity.’
- ‘The market for concealed-carry handguns and self-defense tools is stronger than ever.’
- ‘Several of the ladies sought me out for advice on selecting a handgun for concealed carry.’
- ‘If passed, the proposal would free judges from such restrictions as background checks, waiting periods and concealed carry weapons permits.’
- ‘The rules attempted to define concealed carry yet allow makers freedom to innovate.’
- ‘New Mexico becomes the 34th state to adopt concealed-carry legislation.’
- ‘This can help a dealer cater to savvy, concealed-carry customers.’
- ‘They're producing high quality, nice looking outer garments specifically designed for concealed carry.’
- ‘For day in and day out concealed carry a small handgun is most desirable.’
- ‘The concealed-carry market continues to grow.’
- ‘Defense and concealed-carry pistols are our top sellers by far.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.