One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1(in the US) the Communications Satellite Corporation, a private corporation authorized by Congress to develop commercial communications satellite systems.
- ‘In 1965, Comsat proposed to the FAA a VHF aeronautical satellite service inthe Atlantic region.’
- ‘Comsat was beginning to realize that a GEO communications satellite network was the most practical in terms of cost.’
- ‘Comsat dispatched several key people, along with U.S. State Department officials, to a dozen nations interested in the communications satellite market.’
- ‘In 1962 Congress passed the Communications Satellite Act, which led to the formation in 1963 of the Communications Satellite Corporation (Comsat).’
- ‘In 1965, Comsat launched the first commercial communications satellite.’
- 1.1 A communications satellite.
space station, space capsule, spacecraftView synonyms
- ‘Since then, the number of Comsats has settled into the 20-23 range.’
- ‘For 20 years Comsat has meant geostationary satellite.’
- ‘And one of them that everyone who had access to SCI material or Comsat material would have to take a polygraph.’
- ‘Detachment 3 provides enhanced intelligence support to Air Force operational commanders and other consumers of COMSAT information collected by Navy- commanded field stations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.