One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The company and friendship of others with common aims.‘his greatest joy came from comradeship with others in the team’
camaraderie, friendship, companionship, fellowship, good fellowship, brotherliness, brotherhood, sisterhood, closeness, affinity, togetherness, solidarity, mutual supportView synonyms
- ‘However, friends provided warmth and comradeship, and it was these ‘friendships’ that delivered the first blow.’
- ‘Their entire starting 15 were drawn from the Burt club and the sense of togetherness and comradeship was evident throughout the encounter.’
- ‘But there has always been the continuous high of the friendship and comradeship shared with fellow firefighters.’
- ‘He was drafted into the army in 1943 and as the army was segregated, he formed a tight comradeship with his fellow soldiers through music.’
- ‘He added that a good headquarters was needed for this, so that the necessary ‘social amenities, comradeship and team spirit’ could be built up.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.