One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The technical language and jargon used in computing and computer science.
specialized language, technical language, slang, cant, idiom, argot, patter, patois, vernacularView synonyms
- ‘I don't try to talk legalese to them; they shouldn't try to talk computerese to me.’
- ‘Apparently, my computer has forgotten how to speak computerese.’
- ‘Many of these books are geared to people just starting out - in computerese, you are known as a ‘newbie.’’
- ‘I hooked up with Josh and some folks from the Rhode Island Science Fiction Club and chatted about local stuff and some computerese.’
- ‘With terminology cribbed from 1960s computerese, DNA was suggested as the source of both data and instructions.’
- ‘Both were noted for their flying fingers and ability to digest large doses of "computerese".’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.