One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The technical language and jargon used in computing and computer science.
specialized language, technical language, slang, cant, idiom, argot, patter, patois, vernacularView synonyms
- ‘I don't try to talk legalese to them; they shouldn't try to talk computerese to me.’
- ‘With terminology cribbed from 1960s computerese, DNA was suggested as the source of both data and instructions.’
- ‘Many of these books are geared to people just starting out - in computerese, you are known as a ‘newbie.’’
- ‘Apparently, my computer has forgotten how to speak computerese.’
- ‘I hooked up with Josh and some folks from the Rhode Island Science Fiction Club and chatted about local stuff and some computerese.’
- ‘Both were noted for their flying fingers and ability to digest large doses of "computerese".’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.