One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A game played using a computer, typically video game.
- ‘It is the sheer pointlessness of recreating scenes from a computer game that makes it all the more valuable.’
- ‘Do gamers really want to think while playing a computer game or just shoot things?’
- ‘The rules for building houses in the computer game Sim City are stricter than those that apply in most areas of the Sun Belt.’
- ‘Of course, this would be very difficult to program into a computer game.’
- ‘England goal-hero David Beckham is poised to be re-invented as the hero of a computer game.’
- ‘To what extent was the computer game taken into account during the creation of the movie score?’
- ‘Thus begins one of the scariest trailers for a computer game I have ever seen.’
- ‘Centring on an interactive computer game, the project shows money worries can be eased with careful planning.’
- ‘Let a child play a computer game with a joystick and he will go on for hours.’
- ‘Taking any pen and paper role-playing system and turning it into a successful computer game is a daunting task.’
- ‘There are no lives at stake in a computer game either, lifting that emotional burden.’
- ‘One example is the development of an online computer game to help teach children to deal with emergencies.’
- ‘One computer game was designed to simulate the negative consequences of drug abuse.’
- ‘A computer game can provide this feedback and it can also provide a means of competition.’
- ‘There are lines of dialogue in this title that I thought I'd never hear in the context of a computer game.’
- ‘Reading this, one senses the very special place these guys hold in their hearts for a particular computer game.’
- ‘When he is not absorbed by a computer game he likes nothing better than playing basketball or a game of football with his school mates.’
- ‘This is a curious goal for a computer game, but it is fun to watch your singles flirt, joke and bond.’
- ‘The human faces look very realistic while the environment is as close as you get to the real thing in a computer game.’
- ‘If he spends time on the computer, you can buy him a computer game or CD-ROM on a topic that he enjoys.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.